Landstead uses NEM blockchain technology to create a registry of land and property, allowing government and citizens to co-create an open blockchain system that can be trusted and consulted by interested parties.
The Landstead system supports the following Use Cases:
- Submit a citizen account: As a Citizen, initiate the registration process by submitting an account for government validation.
- Validate an account: As a Civil Servant, validate a citizen account after verifications, such as the citizen ID.
- Register a Property: As a Cadastral Service, register a property based on its unique identification, together with additional information about the property.
- Register property ownership: As a Cadastral Service, register the ownership of a property, linking it to the account of the owner(s).
- Verify an account: As a Citizen, open an account and verify registered ownership of properties.
- Transfer property: As a Notary, transfer a property from previous owner(s) to new owner(s).
The project was a PoC that was presented to the Government of Dubai on the Blockchain Virtual Govhack.